04 September 2007

creepy conversation

sunday afternoon. the mets are playing. i'm at the bar. the phone rings.

[RING RING]

me: magnetic field.

guy: yeah, uh, where are you located? [dark, raspy voice]

me: we're at 97 atlantic, brooklyn heights.

guy: ok, uh, what kind of people hang out there?

me: well, it's mostly a young adult crowd, but it depends on the night. we have live music...

guy, interrupting: no, no. do you have the, uh, right kind of people there?

me: [pause] well, i'm not sure what you mean by right, but people are friendly. it's a nice place to meet people.

guy: so no fags, no kikes, no niggers?

me: [long pause] i'm sorry, i don't think that kind of attitude would be welcome at our bar.

guy: alright, well, fuck you and your nigger loving bar. [hangs up]

me: ??????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment