23 May 2007

my day thus far

sorry, dear readers, for the lack of postings this week. it's been a crazy one. i'm behind the bar five nights this week, plus things are picking up at red hot, plus it's my last friday with moxie. so let's work out that equation:

bar 10 hrs monday
+
bar 12 hrs tuesday
+
red hot 8 hrs wednesday
+
bar 10 hrs thursday
+
moxie 8 hrs friday
+
bar 10 hrs saturday
+
bar 12 hrs sunday
+
bar 10 hrs monday

um, is that an 80 hour work week? i don't know whether i can count monday twice.

and i wonder why i'm feeling strung out and exhausted. don't get me wrong, i love my bar and it's a great time of the year to work. this is just a long stretch.

to get to my original point, that being a detailed review of my day -- what else are blogs for?...

after closing the bar last night at 4 am, i came home and was surprised to find my housemates not only awake but quite active, cleaning the house even. for you see, dear readers, my beautiful apartment is being using as a location for a movie!

so i woke up at 9:30 to a production crew arriving at my house, complete with annoying yippy white dog and idiotic starlets. i tried to sleep in, which was not happening. eventually i was presented with the life-affirming experience of walking out of my room bleary, tired and unready for the morning, dressed only in a towel and blind, confronted with cameras and a dog named harpo and a dozen people in my kitchen.

i hate the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment