10 May 2007

my productive day:

i came back from spain exhausted but with a renewed sense of purpose, more motivation than i've felt in a long time. and that drive has actually lasted. the afternoon i returned i gave my room a thorough spring cleaning -- we're talking closet reorganization and home improvement. i still don't have new curtains (damn you, ugly curtains! your waving in the wind taunts me). but i'm feeling good and this fantastic weather has got me rolling.

tempy asked today where we'd rather be, and for the first time in a long time i can say i'm content right where i am.

so today i slept in, sort of necessary really when closing tonight at 4. but after the late rise, it's been a fun day:

i bought a new 400 GB hard drive in preparation for recording my songs.
i took my new/used/stolen bike for a full tuneup and new seat/pedals/chain/wheel/lights/bells/whistles.
i sunbathed at the foot of the manhattan bridge.
i had a sushi picnic with my friend who's moving to boston next week.
i ate ice cream.
i did some laundry.
i tended to my flowering strawberry plants. they actually survived the winter!

as ameet might say, onepromofo. one productive motherfucker.

and once the ice cream settles, it'll be time for a nice long yoga session. maybe a nap first?

sorry to those of you stuck in an office right now. just remember i'll be working past 4 am tonight and then up early to head to queens. i think that makes up for it.

1 comment: