11 May 2008

Don't you know that things go in cycles?

A morning of posts, I guess. The pain is pretty bad so I'm writing to distract myself. The 4 am pills started burning my empty stomach so I'm working on my leftover papaya salad but sitting up is rough. So I'm eating quickly but then the food will cut the effectiveness of the meds and I'll need more food and more meds and more food and more meds and onwards into eternity. Or at least that's how it feels.

I'm hoping that PT will come early today. I'm going a little crazy in this bed that I haven't left since friday and my back is f-ing killing me. I am so curious to see how it feels out of bed, what sort of range of motion and strength I will have in the leg.

Blogs are really the ultimate forum for the self-obsessed, aren't they? For those of you who've recently started reading, know that I tend to write mostly about stupid news items and post funny pictures and comics. Take a look at the archives! Once I'm out of here I promise I'll stop talking about myself and get back to important things, like so-called legless lizards which are just snakes and garfield cartoons without garfield in them.

In the meantime, I'm going to finish my papaya salad while my neighbor Mr Miller gets his morning enema.



Jesus, hospitals are rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment