09 May 2008

Hi everybody!

I usually post in all lower caps but I have to apologize to e.e. cummings. The autotext wants to capitalize everything and I'm not going to argue with it. But know through the morphine I remain dedicated to my artistic principles.

Things are going well! I got to the OR about 730 and it was surprisingly just like ORs in the movies. Why that was my last thought before going under, I have no idea.

I was in a helluva lot of pain after the surgery and it took them quite a while to step up my painkillers to the proper dose. I should have just explained to them that I am an ex-bartender with ex-hippie parents and my substance tolerance is quite a bit higher than the average bear. It was pretty excruciating for a while but we seem to have found the proper dosage.

I am in a 13th floor room looking out into the clouds. The east river and queens are out there somewhere!

I'm getting ready for a nap but a couple things before I crash:

VISITING INFORMATION:

I am at NYU Tisch hospital. The entrance is 520-560 1st ave between 32nd and 33rd street. My room number for now is 1347 but I'll be moving around I believe you will take the A elevator regardless of floor, but not exactly sure. To get up to date information, call the nurses station at 212 263 5650.

If you have any other questions, please get in touch with Lynne Rosenberg at lynne (dot) rosenberg (at) gmail (dot) com.

One last thing - there's a way to be automatically notified when I post new entries. Sorry though, I don't know how to do it. Ask internet.

Love to you all!

XO

Jonah

No comments:

Post a Comment