13 May 2008

Waking up is hard to do


That first breath of the day does not come easily. The pills have worn off and my leg is sore and swollen. And then I have to pull myself out of bed. Not so fun.

This is the last morning at my chateau d'convalescence and I'm nervous about leaving its embrace. Since Sunday, my folks and I have been staying at an apartment at Two Montague Terrace - a seventh floor two bedroom apartment that sits on the Promenade and looks out at the city. It's quiet and luxurious and I am SO not ready to leave! Also leaving means my parents are heading home. It has meant the world to me that they've been here and although I know I will be well cared for, there's obviously a level of care that they can provide me that no one else will be able to replicate.

So a return home is imminent. I hope I remembered to clean up the place!

Looking at this view, can you understand why I don't want to go?

1 comment:

  1. Awh, the lap of luxery. Such a life. Good to enjoy on such an occasion.

    Good luck during the next week.
    Uncle Jim

    ReplyDelete